November 7, 2012 by Rob Hurlbut
10 Reasons Why You Post How To & Top Ten Lists
1. They make you look like an expert.
2. They coddle to Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
3. People you think are experts at SEO have told you to make “top ten” and “how to” blog posts.
4. An ordered list gives the impression of teaching rather than preaching.
5. You want people to think you are smarter than you really are.
6. You think you can make dumb people smart.
7. You think you’re smarter than dumb people.
8. Dumb people love being told they’re right.
9. Your audience can’t count higher than 10
10. See reason number 9.